Terms and Conditions
- All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- The goods at all times remain the property of Not Just Knives and Forks.
- Hire charges are daily rates and include the day of delivery and collection – weekends Friday to Monday will be charged as 1 day. However we reserve the right to recall items during the weekend if necessary. Charges for extended hire periods are as follows: 2-3 days 2 days hire 4-7 days 3 days hire 8-14 days 4 days hire 15-21 days 5 days hire.
- Payment is to be made in full on or before collection/delivery irrespective of any deposit paid.
- A delivery/collection service is available. Please ask us for a quote.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all items are packed ready for collection otherwise a charge may be incurred. Any items not available at time of collection will be the hirer’s responsibility to return to Not Just Knives and Forks.
- A £50 RETURNABLE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE ON DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT. This deposit is held against any lost, damaged or broken goods. All shortages/damages will be charged at replacement costs shown on your confirmation and invoice. No substitutes will be accepted. The deposit will only be returned after goods have been checked otherwise it will be destroyed. A charge will also be made for any lost or damaged packing boxes/crates. In the event that losses or damages are identified then we reserve the right to bank your deposit cheque and deduct the replacement cost of these items and return any balance to you.
- All equipment must be returned clean (unless specified otherwise) or the washing up service will be charged in full at the rate of 30% hire charge.
- If returned dirty, please place glasses upwards in the correct size containers to prevent cross contamination and damage.
- Please check your order immediately upon receipt, as claims for shortages will not be accepted at end of hire.
- The hirer is fully responsible for the hired equipment from the time of delivery until collection. No responsibility can be accepted for injury or damage caused by use of equipment hired.
- Table linen hire rates include a cost for laundering. Please shake and fold linen before putting it back in the bag. If damp, please dry before folding to protect from mildew. Care should be taken to avoid damage from candle wax stains, cigarette burns, sticky tape and party poppers as these can cause permanent damage to the cloths which are not removed by standard laundering.
- Reductions will not be accepted within 7 days prior to the start of the hire (except for extenuating circumstances). Additions can be made at any time, subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges will be made if a confirmed order is cancelled as follows: Within 7 days of the event hire 25% of hire charge Within 2 days of the event hire 50% of hire charge.
Damaged or permanently stained items will be charged at full replacement value.